There are currently no active references in this article.
A nearly stemless plant, consisting above ground mainly of a dense rosette of leaves, which are 2 to 21⁄2 ft long, 1 to 11⁄2 in. wide, pale glaucous green, the margins finely toothed, cartilaginous, and yellowish. Flowers in a much-branched, glabrous panicle 4 to 6 ft high, the branches slender, semi-erect. Flowers pendulous, somewhat bell-shaped, milky white; the three outer parts of the perianth oblong, 3⁄4 in. wide; the inner ones broader (1 in. wide); all 21⁄4 in. long, and pointed. Bot. Mag., t. 7172.
Native of the southwestern USA; introduced about 1850. It flowered with Canon Ellacombe at Bitton in 1890 and was hardy with E. A. Bowles at Myddelton House, Enfield, but is now rare in cultivation. It grows outside at Edinburgh and flowers regularly in several East Lothian gardens. It is allied to Y. glauca.