Originally selected at La Maulévrie arboretum in Angers, France, and named in 1908. The branchlets are more or less whorled around the shoots, and the needles are green. The foliage colour distinguishes it from the distincly blue ‘Verticillata Glauca’ with which it has often been considered synonymous. Jacbonson reports it was probably never in commerce in North America. (Krüssmann 1985; Jacobson 1996).